1. What age is Dorothy today?
2. Why might Dorothy have a different name now from when she was born?
( Note: there might be at least two answers to this question)
3. Why are some of the words in the passage written in italics?
4. What does it mean when the passage says she “got her break”?
5. Name three famous pantomimes. (One of them is mentioned in the passage)
Five Words !
Write the following words in your jotter. Look at the words in in a dictionary, or ask an adult to help with their meanings. Write the meaning for each word in your jotter, beside the word.
comedienne raconteur retail humorous impersonation
Make a list of at least five theatres, with their addresses, known to you. Ensure that at least two of them are located in different cities or towns.
Mr S. Sutton