Copy out the figure of speech in each sentence below and say what type it is.
1. The sunlight shone and sparkled on the sea's surface.
2. I could hear the twittering of the birds.
3. Penny the pretty princess picked a primrose.
4. The parrot squawked in its cage.
5. Low the level lake, and the long glories of the winter sun.
6. The bacon sizzled in the frying pan.
7. With a dull thud, the book dropped to the floor.
8. She sells seashells on the seashore.
9. Happy Harry hoped for a heavenly holiday.
10. Shrieking and wailing, the ghost dissolved into nothing.