S1 English Homework. Exercise 8.
Copy the following note into your jotter.
Relative pronouns are used to refer to the nouns or pronouns which have already been used earlier in the sentence. They are useful for joining two sentences together.
E.g. "There is the girl. Her mother is a clothes designer."
"There is the girl whose mother is a clothes designer."
Copy out the sentences below and fill in the blanks with an appropriate relative pronoun.
1. I went swimming with Jackie ______ lives next door to me.
2. This is the top _____ I bought for the party.
3. I lost the ring ____ my gran gave to me.
4. That is the girl _____ sister got married.
5. I finished the cake ____ my mum baked yesterday.
6. Who was the boy ____ you went to the cinema with?
7. John is the man ____ organised the karaoke.
8. The driver of the car _____ crashed was taken to hospital.
9. Is this the T.V. programme ____ you were talking about?
10. David is the boy _____ brother emigrated to Canada .