S1 English Homework. Exercise 20.
When you are asked to put words into alphabetical order, you begin by looking at the first letter of each word. The word that begins with the letter nearest the beginning of the alphabet comes first. If two or more words begin with the same letter then you would look at the next letter in each word and apply the same rules.
Put the following lists of words into alphabetical order.
1. chair desk computer folder book
2. monkey dog cat mouse horse
3. house caravan bungalow flat tenement
4. Canada Japan France Australia Iceland
5. top jeans skirt jumper socks
6. where when why who what
7. dictionary dog dirty dinosaur disco
8. ghost goat grin grime gate
9. tent tourist tyre tear time
10. air aeroplane apple axe angel
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Mrs D. Thomson