S1 English homework. Exercise16
Copy the following note into your jotter.
Sentences finish with different punctuation marks depending on the sentence type.
A STATEMENT ends with a full stop. E.g. We've got the best bargains.
A QUESTION ends with a question mark. E.g. Have you booked a holiday?
An IMPERATIVE statement (command) ends with a full stop. E.g. Send for our brochure today.
An EXCLAMATION ends with an exclamation mark. E.g. What a bargain!
Copy out the following sentences into your jotter. Complete each sentence by adding the correct punctuation mark and state what type of sentence it is.
E.g. What are you doing? (question)
1. We went for a walk yesterday
2. Are you busy tomorrow evening
3. You can't wear that
4. Can you afford to miss this opportunity
5. Where are you going on holiday this year
6. It was amazing
7. Go to the shops now
8. I will be twenty on my birthday
9. Are you going to eat all that
10. Put that vase down
11. What a goal
12. I forgot to do my homework
13. That's a rip off
14. You must brush your teeth twice a day
15. How old will he be on his birthday
Mrs D. Thomson